.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Arrogance personified


I have not seen the origin of Diwali. But, I’m sure that it was never like this. Like Holi, this festival has also been distorted beyond recognition. I think it’s the festival of light, which is symbolised by Diya (earthen lamp). However, now it epitomises only crackers and noise.

Why can’t we have peaceful Diwali without crackers?

Luckily, this time Diwali was very subdued in Delhi. It sounds obnoxious, but that’s the only positive outcome of those blasts on Saturday. However, I would happily let go to this positive effect, if God stops all future blasts.

Today is Shah Rukh Khan’s birthday. I do not rate him very high as an actor. But, as a person he’s amazing. He knows how to conquer the world. He does everything in style. It’s a treat to watch him. He does not have a great look or a great body. But, he has enormous amount of self-belief. He believes that he is the best and this is what makes him special. I adore people who can stand up and say “I’m the best” and then prove it.

Every winner has this arrogance. I wish him a long and eventful life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi that true.in this ever changing world ,even the way we worship has changed.its more of a show off.i just over heard the conversation between two kids .and i was surprised to hear wat they were talking.one said my papa bought me crackers worth RS1800/- AND THE OTHERE said my RS2500........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they are just kids but??????????

11:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi that true.in this ever changing world ,even the way we worship has changed.its more of a show off.i just over heard the conversation between two kids .and i was surprised to hear wat they were talking.one said my papa bought me crackers worth RS1800/- AND THE OTHERE said my RS2500........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they are just kids but??????????

11:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home