.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Should I be happy?

So, after a long time India won! That too by 152 runs. I have a special aversion towards Sri Lanka. I can tolerate if Pakistan beat India, at least I have respect for their talent. It's really sad that these Lankans are ranked 2nd in the world. Whenever I look at Jayasurya, I feel he's on dope. Same is the case with Murli. Have you noticed his face just before releasing the ball? I guess Ravana looked exactly like him. I know this is in poor tatste, but I cannot help expressing what I feel.

The best thing about today's match was Sachin's return to his own self. After a big gap, we could see him playing those shots, which were essentially Sachin's own. I was relieved. The second big thing was Irfan's growth as a batsman. He may one day take Kapil's place.

Dravid looked good as captain. Specially, I liked his bowling changes. Should I write anything on his batting? With time, he has added fireworks to his batting. With this win, I guess he will be a relieved skipper.

It seems Chappel's mantras are working for the Indian team. And also the great Indian huddle was back.

I was no doubt elated over the victory over Lankans. But, a tinge of sadness marred my celebration.

Will dada be back in the team? I want India to win, but I want Ganguly also back in the team.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fair enough. sachin needs an applause and saurav recognition for his good work.

5:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't know much about cricket but yeah, I like pakis more than srilankans...

7:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm....I feel ur feelings abt sri lankans is biased...as usual ;)

any team that performs well on a particular day deserves the applause.

dada-- media is atrange ...first it was brick bats followed by sensationalising his last game as the COMEBACK to form match....hope the selectors & rest of the ppl are not that fickle minded.

8:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home